A gathering of South-East leaders led to Enugu on Tuesday with a declaration that no additional sit-at-home could be noticed within the zone.
DAILY POST reviews that regardless of the Indigenous Individuals of Biafra, IPOB, popping out to say it has cancelled the each Monday sit-at-home, the area has remained below lockdown on the primary day of the week, with some unknown individuals implementing what IPOB referred to as “non-existing order.”
Nevertheless, of their assembly which was attended by political, non secular and conventional leaders, they mentioned such order wouldn’t be condoned any additional.
A communiqué issued after the assembly was learn by the Chairman of South-East Governors’ Discussion board and Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi.
The assembly was attended by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State (Host), Senator Hope Uzodimma, Abia State Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon. Ude Oko Chukwu, Nationwide Meeting members from the South East geo-political zone, former Governors, former Chief of Military Workers, Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika (rtd), leaders of the non secular and conventional establishments from the zone, together with leaders of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, amongst others.
On the graduation of the assembly, they observe a minute silence for all those that have misplaced their lives to the safety challenges within the nation, particularly within the South East zone.
Full textual content of the communiqué under:
1. The Governors and leaders of the South East condemned the killings within the area and have agreed to hitch fingers with safety businesses to cease the killings;
2. The assembly condemned the sit-at-home orders, that are largely issued by our folks in diaspora who don’t really feel the pains, the assembly resolved that Governors and all folks of
the south East do every thing throughout the regulation to make sure that there isn’t any additional sit-at-home within the South East and that persons are allowed to freely transfer about within the zone;
3. The assembly agreed that the South East Ebubeagu safety outfit be launched in all of the South East States and legal guidelines handed in numerous South East States earlier than the tip of 2021;
4. The assembly obtained the Committee report from Ohaneze on numerous issues affecting the South East, particularly on the problem of safety and marginalization of the South East folks, and resolved to check the reviews from Ohaneze Worldwide for speedy implementation, and engagement with the Federal Authorities for amicable settlement of all points agitating the minds of our folks, particularly the youths;
5. The assembly agreed to assist safety businesses to revive peace within the South East;
6. Tne assembly resolved to assist election in Anambra State and directed safety businesses to make sure a peaceable election in Anambra State come November 6, 2021.
7. The assembly recommended all teams and the clergy for his or her efforts at interfacing with our youths
8. The assembly mandated our clergy males, Bishops, CAN, Ohaneze and Conventional Rulers to proceed to dialogue with our youths.
- NEWS14 hours ago
Deploy technology to compete with counterparts globally – Ex-EKSU Registrar charges Nigerian varsities
- NEWS13 hours ago
Kidnappers demand N60m ransom to release abducted Maza-Kuka worshippers in Niger
- ENTERTAINMENT18 hours ago
Cubana Chief Priest finally breaks silence after Kelvin’s brother dared him to a drag session
- NIGERIA15 hours ago
‘Food has finally finished’ – Nigerians react as Fani-Kayode calls out Ahmed Gumi
- NIGERIA17 hours ago
Akeredolu defends Fayemi’s absence as S/West govs visit Tinubu
- ENTERTAINMENT20 hours ago
We don’t know who Cubana Chief Priest is – Kelvin’s brother speaks after the socialite accused BBNaija star, Maria of snatching his sister’s husband from her (video)
- NEWS16 hours ago
Nigerian Government Lists Ex-Minister, Diezani’s Buildings, Jewellery, Underwear For Sale
- NEWS22 hours ago
Nigerian Senate uncovers 400 abandoned water projects