Following the sudden dying on Friday of Ibrahim Attahiru, who was the Chief of Military Workers, President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Main Common Farouk Yahaya as the brand new Chief of Military Workers.
Brigadier-Common Onyema Nwachukwu, Appearing Director, Defence Info, introduced this in a press release on Thursday.
Attahiru and 10 different navy officers died in a navy aircraft crash that occurred in Kaduna.
They have been on their approach to Zaria for the passing-out-parade of normal recruits slated for the subsequent day.
The officers, together with three Brigadier Generals, have since been buried on the Nationwide Navy Cemetery in Abuja.
Right here are some things to know in regards to the new military boss:
1. Earlier than his appointment, he was the Theatre Commander of the counter-terrorism navy outfit within the North-East which is code-named operation Hadin Kai.
2. Yahaya was the previous Common Officer Commanding 1 Division of the Nigerian Military, Kaduna.
3. He’s a a member of Common Course 37.
4. He’s from Zamfara State.
5. He’s the twenty second Chief of Military Workers.
6. He has additionally held the place of Navy Secretary (Military).
7. He was additionally Commander of 4 Brigade Headquarters of the Nigerian Military in Benin, Edo State.
- ENTERTAINMENT20 hours ago
Nigerian Idol: Nigerians lament as Faith exits, Comfort, others emerge top 4
- ENTERTAINMENT21 hours ago
TBoss recounts struggles with single motherhood at 37
- NIGERIA15 hours ago
BREAKING: ‘Buhari Must Go’ protesters block Abuja airport road
- NEWS20 hours ago
Six Boko Haram members dead as troops foil attack in Borno
- ENTERTAINMENT16 hours ago
Drama as Nina undergoes plastic surgery after deal with body enhancement brand
- BIAFRA & IPOB19 hours ago
Buhari Is Ready To Dialogue With South-East Over Agitations – Ngige
- ENTERTAINMENT12 hours ago
Alleged rape: Baba Ijesha to be arraigned on June 24
- NEWS18 hours ago
Miyetti Allah gives condition to accept ban on open grazing